There is something in me that is either a blessing or a curse, but I seem to always worry about my friends. Maybe because God has blessed me with the most AMAZING friends and I feel as if nothing bad should ever happen to them. I know that's a pipe dream but days like these make me very sad. Today a friend came to me with disappointing news that made her feel as if something was wrong with her. This has to be one of the most amazing people I have ever met and to me, it's wrong that because she did not get the approval of someone else; she feels as if "obviously" there is something wrong with them.
I've been down this road before...the road of "not good enough". Why is it that one person can make you feel totally inadequate? Can make you doubt your talent or abilities; or worse make you feel like you have none? Why do we concern ourselves SO much on what others think of us? You always want to find that silver lining and "accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative" but when that negative rears its ugly head and there is NOTHING you can do about it to eliminate it, life tends to suck. I know we all have had those times when something did not go as planned and you hear "you're going to look back on this and laugh" or "it's going to be ok", But that gut feeling of "I'm not laughing" or "I don't see how it is going to be ok" is when I think is where we need God and encouraging people most. I'm not sure where I want to go with this just yet so I'll continue later...
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment