Saturday, May 19, 2007

Shrek the Third and other exciting things...

So I got to see Shrek the Third today, and I must say that Dreamworks did this trilogy justice. I'm skeptic about good movies where they try to pull more stories out of their butt, however this was still a good one. Justin Timberlake was a great addition to the classic Shrek cast and who knew Orgre babies could be so cute!!
What I like about summer is all the cool exciting movies that are coming out. I feel like a total dork about my excitement for the new Transformers movie!! (yeah!!!) However I'm afraid that what I see in the previews, the robots may not talk. Sure cool computer animation and all but... Optimus Prime not talkiing?! That's what gives them their character!! I think ther would be no point to have silent Decepticons and Autobots... (yes yes, I'm a dork, but you love me anyway)
And of course let's not forget The Simpsons movie...18 years in the making people!! geez!! But then you get the horrible waste of film fillers for the teeny-bopper generation like BRATZ...I mean come on, how many times can the super cute "dork" prevail over the extremely cute overacting "stuck up cheerleader" or "student body president"? Let's not forget the " I'm-really-the-boy-next-door-at-heart-but-I'm-captian-of-the-popular-sports-team" love interest!!! Then again if I was 14, I'd prpbably want to see it too...eh, what can you do?
Something that made me think today at work was why is fighting so exciting for people? That's the only way these girls know how to react to something. Mad, sad, gassy, whatever...let's fight over it and get an attitude and hold a grudge for as long as it takes.And this makes sense to them. My voice of reason "doesn't work in the real world" according to my 12-16 year old girls... Such wisdom...

No comments: