Friday, August 04, 2006

Let's see...

Hmmm, there's more to write than I have time for so I'll try to do this as quickly as possible...

First off I have to write an ode to my mommy. Some people think I have a big heart, after a series of events that happened this week, I must say "I get it from my momma" (I believe there's a song like that somewhere) Anyway, at my parents church (mine too on occasion) there is this group of kids that live with their grandmother because their mom is on drugs and can't take care of them and all that jazz. It is quite sad but I've seen God working in those kids lives and they really have had an "extended family" through that church. Anyway, the oldest has reached the wise old age of 15 and decided that he knows everything and doesn't need a house with rules and ran away from home for two weeks. So the kid is out there with his gang member friends and no one really know where he is on a day to day basis. You honestly would have thought it was my own flesh and blood brother that ran away the way my mommy and I worried about that boy. More so my mom. She really had sleepless nights and was on the phone with the boy's grandmother everyday that that boy was not home.
When they finally got a hold of him, my mom saw to it that she talked to him, not to yell but to know his side of the story. and she talked to him for hours. She made sure that he got other members of the church to talk to and...well, I can honestly say that he did think that no one cared about him and he now saw otherwise. This isn't the first time my mom has done that...When she says that she is concerned, she is GENUINELY concerned and she doesn't rest until things are better. Just the mom in her I guess...
Well that took longer than I though and now I have to get ready for work...

No comments: