K, so yesterday in chapel... I'm still sick so I don't know how eloquently this will be put so bear with me... The speaker was talking about how we can sometimes be too casual when we are talking to God. And something that came to me was (sadly) Animainiacs. You know, the song..."It's a great big universe and we're all really puny, we're just tiny little specks about the size of Mickey Rooney... " But seriously guys...I don't know about you but I totally related to what he was saying. Especially since I've been trying to "prune" my life.
My God is so big yet I find it a burden to try to spend time with him and this is a privilege that I have been given! If I am not mistaken, we really haven't found anything like us in this vast galaxy yet we get the honor of talking to the creator of it all; and there are still some of us who won't even admit that he exists! Does that boggle anyone else's mind?
So, eventhough I can understand where the "Jesus is the homie" intentions come from; let's not forget who we are talking about. You probably know this already, and good for you. I guess it still baffles me sometimes...
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment