Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dream Like New York

So I just got back from a Tyrone Wells Concert in Redlands and....I must say, I think I'm becoming a "fan". You know the typical crazy girls you see at concerts that you'd wish they'd just shut up? The girls you hate?! Yeah...That wasn't me. BUT I did know every song (he had some new material this time which was refreshing) and I bought the latest CD and Jana' and I even took pictures with the band. And I was told that Tyrone turned around to see who was laughing... (I still don't think that one was true but whatever...) But I am glad that I got to have such a fun night...First the Prestige and now Tyrone Wells, life is sweet...But not for long.

Anyway, on a totally different note, I must say that I love my church and I love my pastor. Matt Brown spoke in chapel today and he talked about the subject of... SEX (enter dramatic music here) Only my pastor would talk about his wedding night yet still be able to tell about very real and true issues about sex that no one wants to touch.Yet I still heard comments like "if we were gonna talk about sex, we should have been separated by gender...Guys on one side and girls on the other." to them I say GROW UP!!! If you and your significant other can't have a grown up tell you about grown up issues...There's a problem. I admit there was a shock factor but...C'mon guys.

And finally, another totally different note on something that I have been learning... Letting go. We can only hold on to something for so long before we have to admit that what we want isn't within our reach and finally let go. I've been holding on to things for a long time now and I just have to let them go. It hurts to say it, but if I don't admit it then I'm only fooling myself. The question of why I hold on for so long, what will I benefit if I keep reaching and never seem to grasp what I want? And all the while while I was holding on to something else did God have something to give me that I totally missed out on because I didn't let go? Learn to let go guys, then let God handle things for awhile.
I think that's enough for now, time for bed...

No comments: