Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I think i should be a flight attendant...

Ha!! So I just spent the past hour standing in a hallway saying good morning to about 150 little kids. It's a part of my job. But I love it! Especially when I get those really sweet ones who don't know any better and they'll give me a hug around the knees. :)Really people, how can some of you NOT like kids?! No, I take that back. I work with the little terrors on a daily basis so I know how annoying and gross and everything else they can be. But if you can look past that, they're really great.
But I just had that thought. I could complain how all i do is stand there and say "good morning" how it's really cold in that hallway, how my boss is a little looney, and I can think of about 100 other things that I could be doing for that hour...like my personal favorite, sleeping...Lord knows i've been deprived of it lately. But I stand there, I say good morning, I smile, I block the older ones from going to the playground until they crack me a smile, I dance around to keep warm and all the teachers look at me like I'm a wierdo, I sing show tunes in my head or whatever song that comes to mind, and I just enjoy my job.
I think I apply that to my everyday life and sometimes I wonder if I need to be less upbeat. But I can't see how staying mad and looking at everything pessimistically (is that a word?) should be the alternate of being a "grown up". I say that because I've been labled immature because of my "peppiness" Don't get me wrong, sometimes I annoy myself for finding the bright side of road kill. But it's just something I cannot change. It's the very essence of my "Danielle-ness" Sure, I have my bad days, i've actually had a horrible week/weekend, partially on others behalf but horrible all the same. But the simple task of trying to cheer people up and being positive for my job(s) made life bearable...So I guess all that to say, maybe if you are down, try saying good morning to people, or have a little kid hug you around the knees. bu bye! (ahhh bu bye...SNL sketch)

No comments: