There were lots of things that I learned today that I partially gave me a headache, but somehow makes sense.
~ Let's start with chapel today... I like the fact that Campus ministries wants us to pray as a University, but I'm not sure if I agree with the way it was done today; but that's just one person's opinion. Sadly, I don't think that people are going to be "real" with the person sitting next to them and ask for prayer. I know I was sitting next to one of my closest friends so I know what's going on in their life, but the person they had to pray with, although they knew each other, it was still awkward to spill their guts to that person. So still you give a surface "real" answer. I don't think we are called to tell our deepest darkest secrets to one another just to be authentic. Chances are you're not gonna anyway. That's why you have those people close to you and I don't think that's a bad thing.
~However, I did like the speaker in chapel today and how he expressed that we need to own up to responsibilites of what's going on in our lives and not blame it on God or the enemy. Sometimes, it's just us that messed up. But it goes back to what I was saying that we need to realize that we aren't perfect and can be "bad" at our Christian walk but need to work on it. So yeah, "do not be anxious for anything" but don't sit and wait for the clouds to part and everything be laid out perfectly for you.
~In my class we were learning about prayer, (and I'd really like input on this topic... How do you deal with "pray without ceasing"? Does it mean that every thought or everything you do you should be praying? Something that my professor said that just made sense to me was, Once I graduate and recieve my degree, and I'm just walking down the halls and I say goodbye to my professor and he says to me "learn without ceasing" Does it mean don't stop at a Bachleor's? Go on until I can get every degree possible? or does it mean that in every circumstance, learn from it? the same goes with praying. Praying has to be an everyday occurance. In every circumstance, pray. Not just after you get something and then don't pray. Also, when you pray, does it have to be audible...meaning do you have to speak? There's nowhere where it says that thoughts are considered prayers but... He knows our thoughts...this is where confusion strikes and my head hurts...so maybe I can figure it out another day... until next time
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment