Friday, March 31, 2006
Red or Blue pill
If I had a pill that would make you stop the one thing that you think is keeping you from a closer walk with God, would you take it? Or would you have to think about it because you like the sin, it's just that you don't like the consequences of the sin? Examples could be if "I had a pill to make me stop drinking..." But you may say to yourself "I don't get drunk" so I can't apply that to me. So I used my own example...If I had a pill that would make me stop being so lazy...Or stop being jealous, or having the need for praise from everyone I know...Would I take it? Do I like the state that I'm in of being miserable so I can blame it on something else and not own up to my own selfish nature? These are the questions that are in my head right now. It seems as if the more I learn, the excuse of "ignorance is bliss" is in vain. I love learning too much to stop so I guess I have to realize that as much as I wish the world revolved around me... It doesn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment