So as a Behaviorial Science major and being a really good listener, I've discovered through the years that at some point in our lives there was a time when we thought that life was the pits. That no one understood what was going on, we weren't comfortable with ourselves, something in life happened that was tramatic, the list goes on and on. This is a genuine feeling, I'm not the exception to the rule in any way. But what I also discovered is that somewhere along the line, we either buried it, got over it, allow it to shape our personality in some way...for the good or for the bad. Hopefully if we are Christians we see where God delivered us from that bad time, or a person that helped us realize that God had delivered us from the bad time and we need to go from that point and live life.
Where the heck am I going with this boring blog?? Well, I've been thinking lately... And I'm figuring stuff out in my head as I type... So bear with me. Due to the theft of my CD's during the summer AND then my ipod in the fall, I have been confined listen to the radio every now and then just for ambient noise because let's face it, alot of the music out these days suck. So between "Fergilicious" and "Smack That"(I'm guessing that's the name of these songs) I hear the rapper Ludacris and still not a big fan of him either but I listened to him rap these lyrics:
Little erica is eleven years old
Shes steady tryin to figure why the world is so cold
So she pops x to get rid of all the pain
Cause shes havin sex with a boy whos sixteen
Emotions run deep and she thinks shes in love
So theres no protection hes usin no glove
Never thinkin bout the consequences of her actions
Livin for today and not tomorrows satisfaction
The days go by and her belly gets big
The father bails out he aint ready for a kid
Knowin her mama will blow it all outta proportion
Plus she lives poor so no money for abortion
Erica is stuck up in the world on her own
Forced to think that hell is a place called home
Nothin else to do but get her clothes and pack
She say shes about to run away and never come back.
Not the happiest lyrics in the world, right? But it hit me that there is some little girl out there that feels like Ludacris is looking in the window of her life. I can say I worked with quite a few of them a few months ago. And I recently got offered a job (the one I was worried about) where I will be working with girls like this again. Not pregnant this time but still alot of hurt.
So at work, I had to give my two weeks notice and let them know what I would be doing and they asked how they could pray for me. I told them that for the most part, my goal in life is to be a blessing and not a burden to the people I come in contact with and I know that I will only be interacting with these girls for a short time but I want to somehow show them that there is something better. And my co-worker said "you want to plant a seed. that will nurture and grow into a tree" and as corny as that sounds, I was like... yeah!
It's funny how at this point in my life God wants me to be planter of seeds...when I feel like I'm just grasping the seeds of my own that's helping me grow. Most likely there will be more on this at a later date but we'll see.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment